Nature of the role:
To provide high level secretarial and administrative support to fee earners in busy private client department.
• Fast and accurate audio and copy typing;
• Preparing and drafting general correspondence in letter and email format;
• Being the first point of contact for all clients in person and on the telephone;
• Liaising with clients, and third parties etc. on a day to day basis to deal with straightforward non-technical queries and to take clear messages as appropriate where the fee earner’s involvement may be required and recording in writing on files details of all contact;
• Diary management (including arranging meetings etc.);
• Email management (taking action where appropriate);
• Drafting bills and printing billing guides, monitoring payment of the same;
• Time recording on the firm’s electronic accounts system if required;
• File opening / closing and archiving in accordance with the firm’s accounting and client care procedures;
• General office duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning;
• Keeping the firm’s electronic document storage system up to date in all matters;
• Attending clients for Will signings in fee earners absence;
• Storing all original documents in accordance with the firm’s procedures and updating Wills, LPA and Deed databases as appropriate;
• Undertake any other duties that may be necessary and/or appropriate to the role;
• Forming part of the reception lunchtime cover rota;
• Assisting with other departments as the need arises.
Previous experience of legal secretarial work particularly in a private client department would be an advantage. Specific knowledge of Probate procedures very desirable.
• Efficient and accurate word processing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work independently
• The ability to work under pressure and to cope with a varied and often fast moving
• To present a smart and professional appearance and manner
• Excellent IT skills including Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel,
Personal qualities required:
• Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills
• A helpful, friendly and patient approach
• A good sense of humour
• Dedicated and committed.
• Excellent time-keeping
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job