Privacy Manager - Manchester or Staines
In this role, you will provide guidance and direction for the implementation and operation of data protection compliance, principally within UK Insurance but extending to UK provision businesses, working closely with UK executive management and answerable to Bupa UK Director of Information Governance.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Operate as a 'subject matter expert' and provide specialist advice to the business in relation to data protection and privacy matters, issues and incidents including supporting conversations with external parties (such as corporate clients) when needed
- Assure the appropriate protection and usage of all information processed by, stored in or transferred by UK Insurance, or by third parties such as outsourcing organisations acting on behalf of UK Insurance
- In achieving the above, ensure compliance with data protection legislation, regulatory requirements, Bupa policies and essential industry practice
- Originate or communicate policies for distribution across UK Insurance as required to support data protection and privacy arrangements in accordance with the needs of the business and in consultation with the executive team and information owners
- Maintain an in depth awareness of external 'best practice' in data protection and privacy and proactively recommend initiatives, engaging with and influencing the senior management team where appropriate
- Act as an internal consultant to ensure the potential data protection and privacy impact of changes to systems and processes are adequately considered and understood
- Initiate, create and promote clear, specific advice on key topic areas in order to allow staff to understand how to best protect information about customers and commercial partners in their day to day roles
- Provide support to the wider privacy team's initiatives across the market unit, when required
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant 5+ years' work experience (ideally backed by formal qualifications or professional membership) - principally to include data protection and privacy
- In depth knowledge of UK data protection laws, and ideally European data protection laws
- Extensive and proven experience of delivering and executing complex initiatives within financial or health sectors
- Accomplished communicator with the ability and confidence to present issues and influence decisions at all levels in an organisation, up to and including board level
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, relationship management and active listening skills
- A first-rate appreciation of the business across all its functions and the ability to understand business goals and drivers to reliably apply this to any given problem statement.
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits - including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, an onsite gym and a subsidised canteen. You'll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk
- Data Protection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job