WHAT’S YOUR NEW ROLE ABOUT
Our Privacy and Compliance Manager role is new within the DAZN Legal Team. Since launch the DAZN business has expanded rapidly and the legal function continues to grow to support this dynamic and exciting business.
The successful candidate will come from a compliance or legal background, and will work under the direction of the UK Legal Counsel to support all data-focused initiatives across DAZN globally. You will work closely with all teams within the business, including Marketing, Partnerships, Operations and Customer Services to ensure data protection compliance, specifically GDPR. This is a unique role and your advice will be crucial to the viability and direction of these projects. You will be given the opportunity to develop and implement data-related strategies and programmes, and will interface with senior management to obtain support for such initiatives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the candidate to play a valuable role within one of the most exciting businesses in the sports industry. As DAZN continues to expand, the candidate will be able to build their profile in the business and develop the role on an ongoing basis.
Regrettably, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role so you must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis - UK / EU citizen or ILR.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR NEW ROLE - % of role
- Lead GDPR compliance across the business. In this newly created role, you will have the opportunity to develop, implement and maintain data protection policies and procedures across the business, including incident response and data breach notification procedures, and actively engage with the business to drive awareness & best practice - 35%
- Work closely with key stakeholders on all new data related ventures, particularly in the Marketing, Partnerships, Procurement and the Insights team, to develop risk-based, pragmatic data privacy solutions to help achieve the business aims - 25%
- Consider local regulatory requirements and liaise with local counsel as needed - 10%
- Supervise and advise on data protection contract provisions & impact assessments - 15%
- Oversee the maintenance of data processing records - 5%
- Respond to any regulatory requests and advise in respect to requests from data subjects who have exercised their individual data rights -5%
- Provide updates on the data protection compliance programme to senior management as appropriate - 5%
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS
- 4 - 5 years of experience working in a data protection environment, either in a legal department or compliance team in the public or private sector
- Excellent working knowledge of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation, and the E-Privacy Regulation
- Strong experience in developing and implementing privacy controls, policies, standards and procedures
- Experience in drafting and negotiating data protection clauses in commercial contracts
- Ability to proactively identify data privacy risks and to prioritise management of those risks, including development of practical risk-management solutions
- A willingness to play a proactive role in developing DAZN’s data privacy function
DO YOU HAVE THESE DESIRABLES
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
- Knowledge of cyber security risks and other information security standards
- Data protection qualifications
- IAPP qualification
THESE ARE THE COMPETENCIES YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR ROLE
Planning & Organising -Ability to set priorities, goals and time tables to achieve maximum productivity.
Communicating with Impact - Ability to effectively communicate complicated legal points in easy to understand commercial language.
Drive & Energy - Naturally self-motivated and able to work autonomously. Willing to put in extra time and effort in demanding situations; goes the "extra mile" to ensure the goal is met.
Flexibility - Ability to juggle a large workload and rapidly shifting priorities even when under pressure.
Adaptability - Ability to adapt to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities
IF YOU HAVEN’T YET GOT A FEEL FOR THE CULTURE AT PERFORM, READ ON
Here at Perform Group we like to consider ourselves a progressive, dynamic, funand fast-paced global sports media broadcasting company. We are passionate about what we do and good at it too! We have over 2,800 employees with an extensive network of freelance specialists. We have a strong team with experts from Netflix, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, YouView and Now TV. We’re growing rapidly and launching into new global markets every year.
DAZN is our sports streaming service that allows fans to watch their sport, their way, live or on-demand. With access to the world’s best sports, fans can watch their favourite teams, leagues and players anytime, anywhere, for one simple, affordable price and with no long-term contract. DAZN has over 8,000 live events a year and features the widest array of live sports ever offered on one TV service. DAZN can play, pause and rewind anytime with no commercial interruptions and no long-term commitments.
DAZN is currently available in Canada, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japanon most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
- Regulatory Requirements
- Data Protection Act
- Data Privacy