Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance
Our client, a household name whose brand is engrained through the gambling and betting industry is currently recruiting for a Print Designer (Junior) towork in the Print Design Team and reports to the Print Design Manager. The Print Design team operate on a rota based cover system to cover the necessary 7-day a week business requirements.
The Print Designer (Junior) is responsible for the preparation and delivery of first class marketing design work for press channels (UK, Irish & International Press Advertising) for the client’s brands. The Print Designer (Junior) will be part of a team of specialist highly skilled Print Designers who are tasked with producing engaging & effective on brand visual communications for customers across a range of publications on a daily basis, managing multiple adverts concurrently often with very short turnaround times.
The junior role requirements and responsibilities involve providing assistance to the more senior members of the team in the provision of design support for campaign deliverables and projects which will also serve as a platform for learning and development.
- Responsible for the production of high quality design work for all offline marketing activities to ensure the delivery of world class visual communications within the gaming sector. Important: Supporting online marketing activities and other channels where needed e.g. CRM, Direct Mail production, Online design.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of strong and dynamic content from conception through to final production. This will involve researching, brainstorming and creating concepts in collaboration with the design, editorial and press teams and relevant clients/ stakeholders, working from an initial brief to final sign off.
- Using In-design / Photoshop/Illustrator to design and layout press advertising templates, and any other print related material, to deliver engaging content to our customers
- Work effectively with the brand team on delivering the adverts on time to ensure the daily adverts meet the publication deadlines.
- Ability to be contribute in meetings and throughout ideation processes where required to ensure the brief is met.
- Contribute to department and work related meetings as required to best perform the role and to achieve open channels of constructive communication in areas of ideation and strategy.
- Quality check and proof all personal design and production output to ensure completed work is error-free, meets the brief, and achieves the desired design standards and brand guidelines. Assist with proofing the design production of the junior members of the team.
- Ensure work produced is consistent with the creative direction and brand guidelines defined by the Director of Creative.
- Support other junior members of the design team by sharing advice, assistance and encouragement.
- Form strong working relationships with team members, creative studio teams in other locations and stakeholders in establishing good, effective communication levels required to provide effective design advice and guidance to clients.
- Provide support the Print Design Manager & Creative Studio Manager on a daily basis, be a team player and actively seek out opportunities to assist the team.
- Providing feedback and recommendations to assist the Print Design Manager to obtain sign off from/for business.
- Gain awareness and understanding of appropriate legislation for relevant channels and ensure all activity is approved by Compliance and Legal team(s); ensure that all materials are consistent with License conditions and code(s) of practice; ensure all staff are trained and familiar with Responsible Gambling requirements and knowledge is consistently and effectively updated.
- Proactively research industries, market trends and competitor reports to have a full understanding of competitors and other markets to be able to make suggestions for new ideas, technology and thought methods.
- Maintain a relevant and current skillset by keeping abreast of new technique, technology and design trends and undertaking regular reviews & training courses to advance capabilities and provide up to date expertise to the business.
Specialist Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience working in a print studio or creative agency at Mid-Weight level (or Junior Level for at least 2 years)
- University-level education in graphic design or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite package of applications, specifically In-design, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment
- Strong sense of composition and layout, typography and colour
- Ability to create simple, effective, engaging printable graphics
- Knowledge of printing processes, preparing artwork for printing is beneficial
- Strong understanding of Brand guidelines & design principles for offline media
- Strong communications skills (written, verbal and presentational)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and third party service providers.
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTubevideo: [Relocation to Gibraltar and working in the Online Gaming industry] youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=xj1f92a2ksU
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to Castle Hill Recruitment, or apply here on Reed.
If you have any further questions regarding working in Gibraltar, and living in Gibraltar / Southern Spain then please contact us.
- Web Design
- Offline Marketing