Principle Software Engineer - Manchester - Remote Working - £80,000+
*A chance to code in GOLANG on new AWS full-stack projects* - Happy with Remote working if needed, or a mix of office and home working
My client based in Manchester, looking to bring in 2 Principle Software Engineers to work on brand new projects that will be coded in Go (Golang) on an AWS platform. If you have traditionally coded in C#, Java or Python but would love to learn a new language and work on new cloud technology projects in a full DevOps environment, then this could be for you. You must be at a senior level as you will be an example to junior and mid-level developers, taking the lead on projects, architecture and doing code reviews etc
They are looking for people who are:
- Confident in delivering software solutions in a language such as C#, Go Lang, Java, or Python and have experience in working with and refactoring existing codebases.
- Technical Leadership - pairing, knowledge transfer sessions, brown bag, community involvement etc
- Good Coding practises - Test Driven Development, SOLID principles, Clean Code, Software Architectural Design
- Agile Development - understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, Minimal Viable Product, Coding "Just Enough".
This organisation has a very large estate with multiple technologies (legacy and new), so no two days will be the same! You will get a chance to work with the latest tech, developing new products as the company increases its product offering over the next few years. This organisation is embracing a true DevOps culture, so there is the opportunity to work across any part of the stack!
As a Lead Software Developer, you will have:
- Significant experience in developing in either C#, Go, Java, or Python and have experience in working with and refactoring existing codebases.
- Experience of deployment to cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS with Infrastructure as Code tools, for example, Terraform.
- Test-Driven Development experience (TDD)
- The ability to mentor more junior developers (in person and remotely)
- Stakeholder management skills
- The passion and desire to deliver high-quality software and solutions
This organisation has a variety of technologies that the successful Principal Software Developer will be able to get involved in using. For example, their website and mobile applications are built using OutSystems Low Code Platform which connects to back end APIs and systems hosted on AWS and On-Prem Interfaces. Most services have been written in C# .NET but more recently have been written in Go and Go is the choice of coding language moving forward.
This role would be suited to somebody who has a track record of delivering high-quality solutions in a fast-paced, Agile digital delivery environment. If you enjoy autonomy within your role, this may be the company for you…
The organisation is offering a very competitive package + a range of peripheral benefits including some home working, flexible working, free on-site parking, increased holidays per year, gym and personal training sessions on-site. If the above sounds like something you would be interested in, please press APPLY NOW.
Alternatively, send your CV to matthew.leach @ circlerecruitment.com or call me on to discuss further and submit your application.
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
- GO / AWS / Java / C# / Software Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'