REED Scientific have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Chemist. We are currently recruiting for a company that are based in Cardiff who are an expert service provider of solutions to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in the process research and development for manufacturing drug substances and other high value materials. They have extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Personal Specification.
Reporting directly to a senior manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Designing, leading and delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands.
• Contributing to proposals for potential clients, liaising with clients at technical meetings, compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions.
• Bringing scientific excellence to the research and development of new processes for our clients.
• Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require.
• Mentoring and coaching junior members of staff.
• Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear focus on delivery of demanding project objectives.
• Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify own opinion, but equally able to take on board differing opinions and work collaboratively.
• Energetic and enthusiastic, keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability.
• Able to get on with others as a team-player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
• Natural leadership ability is desirable, although formal line management capability is not initially required.
Knowledge and Skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A PhD (or equivalent) in Chemistry with extensive experience of Process Chemistry through post-doctoral (or equivalent) studies and industrial employment.
• A proven history in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes.
• Detailed understanding of Organic Synthesis and Process Chemistry.
• Expertise in the use of practical Synthetic Chemistry techniques.
• Excellent task management and communication skills, and proficiency in the use of appropriate information technology.
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job