Principle Design Engineer
Senior Design & Development Role. Based in Wrexham with a leading manufacturing company.
Our client is a global manufacturing organisation and an industry leader in it's field.
As a result of ongoing innovation and development of a number of new exciting products a vacancy has arisen for a principle design engineer, reporting to the engineering manager.
Duties will include:
- Lead a team of design engineers in the design and layout of assemblies and components.
- Production of "Front end design" concept schemes and proposal work in support of new product introduction.
- Ensuring that designs are completed to group standards and are delivered within agreed timescales.
- Design verification / checking and authority for engineering change release within agreed timescales.
- BoM creation and configuration management
- Supervision and organization of prototype and development transmission builds to support machine and test rig development
- Developing and improving company systems and processes.
- Support the development department in the design of transmission test rigs and definition and application of test specifications.
- Effective design for manufacture and concurrent review of designs with manufacturing and purchasing teams to ensure products are manufactured and assembled with minimal impact on lead time and cost.
- Liaise with purchasing team and suppliers in support of ongoing VAVE activity.
- Working closely with service departments to achieve timely close out of service concerns in support of warranty claims and achieving targets.
- Undertake review and closure of engineering concessions.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject (although alternative higher qualifications may be considered)
- Demonstrable delivery of high value rotating machinery designs, or mechanical or automotive / vehicle components
- 3D CAD modeling and detail draughting experience (preferably Unigraphics NX6 or higher)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Design for manufacture - prototype and volume castings, machined components
- Experience of hydraulic systems and electronic controls interface.
Excellent salary plus benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"