Job title: Principal Transport Consultant
Salary: £42K - £45K + Excellent Benefits
We are an award winning, leading engineering consultancy that is looking for a Principal Transport Consultant to join our team in London. This is a great opportunity to lead/influence the direction of some very interesting and challenging projects in London and the South East.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. You will be able to act as the lead on projects working with our developer clients on projects across a range of sectors including residential, employment, education, commercial, energy as well as master planning.
2. Projects also include brief specific responses to clients who may have concerns regarding parking, safety, access or sustainable travel opportunities. You will typically work as part of a multi-disciplinary design team helping to identify and design the most appropriate transport solutions and strategies for any given situation.
3. You will be responsible for preparing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans along with other outputs such as Parking Management Strategies, Town Centre Studies and Accessibility Planning analysis.
4. You will research and commission discrete tasks and data collection exercises, attend public consultation events, liaise with project delivery teams and clients.
5. Oversee the day to day activities of more junior team members and be able to contribute to the team development and training requirements.
6. You will also be given the opportunity to research and develop new areas of the Transport Planning business and will be expected to develop relationships with our existing and new client base in time and contribute to Business Development initiatives.
1. MSc or similar in Transport Planning, Civil Engineering or related discipline
2. Member of CIHT, TPS (or equivalent body); chartered or working towards chartered status
3. Proficient in the use of industry software; ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRICS and AutoCAD
4. Industry Software TRACC, GIS, TRANSYT, VISSIM would be desirable
5. IT literate; proficient in Microsoft Office.
6. Knowledge of the planning system (borough, local authority and national policy).
1. Relevant industry experience, ideally within a consultancy environment
2. Understanding of highway design principles.
3. Strong report writing skills.
4. Excellent written and verbal communicator.
5. Excellent numeracy, communication, time management and organisational skills.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job