Principle Tester required with proven experience of agile test techniques and best practice. You will be working on the delivery of core platform systems providing order management and fulfilment capabilities to enable the business to realise our mission to lead the way in luxury fashion and online commerce.
You will be part of one of the company’s key technology functions, playing a pivotal role in defining project/programme test strategies. Working as part of a cross-functional software delivery team, you will collaborate with other teams internally and external partners to ensure the quality of products delivered meet our high standards. You will have extensive experience with TDD and BDD, directing both developers and testers towards delivering appropriate and effective testing strategies to address both functional and non-function aspects of the solutions we build.
You will be working on a number of projects co-ordinating testing of new components and integrations while also maintaining the quality of existing solutions.
We are looking for proactive individuals who clearly understand the importance of quality assurance within Agile Frameworks and can make a meaningful difference to software delivery.
Our delivery teams own the products we deliver from design right through to production. You will be working closely with Business Stakeholders, Developers and Testers, Delivery Managers, DevOps and 3rd parties. As such, impeccable communication skills across different levels and through different channels are an absolute must.
Experience and Education:
- Significant experience of leading Quality Assurance in software delivery
- Proven experience of Agile delivery with experience of coaching teams
- Interact with Product Management (Product Owners / BAs), Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards
- Collaborate with other team members and across teams to define and drive a strategic approach to quality assurance and advocate for best practice across our software delivery communities. Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality
- Proactively set standards for user stories in relation to documented scenarios, and working with Product Owner and developers, ensure user stories are ready for sprint planning
- Work with development teams to ensure test automation is embedded in their coding practices and delivery pipeline and drive best practice in respect of quality assurance
- Configure, maintain, and/or administer our software products, testing tools or environments
- Research and identify root causes of issues, including performance issues, in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers
- Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of best practices
- All other relevant duties as assigned
- Experience of a range of modern test/quality assurance tools and best practices
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and experience of QA testing skills
- Strong knowledge of process improvement
- Strong knowledge and experience of Agile software development processes
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills