A great contract opportunity has arisen for a Principal Test Developer to work for a market-leading software company in the Cambridge area.
This Principal Test Developer will report to the Group Lead and be integral part of the division where involve in a very diverse set of projects across the company and get exposure to a wide variety of technologies. You will work with the development team to define the direction of the testing activities and the choice of tooling. You will lead and perform testing activities on the project, adapting to the project needs and making sure that all appropriate aspects of testing are considered from functional to non-functional. This contract role will be working on a project creating and organising the testing of the next generation of satellite technology.
You must have a good technical degree, excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and the desire to follow a career in testing, inquisitiveness and excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelors’ degree in an electronic or software subject
- Strong in Python skills
- A solid understanding of networks and protocols
- Proficient of implementing networking protocols and analysing data transfers
- Good understand of networking and network configuration in Linux, particularly with Ubuntu and Red hat distros
- A solid understanding of test process, i.e., test planning, test analysis and test case generation
- A solid understanding of continuous build integration and source control
- A reasonable understanding of GSM protocols
- Strong debugging skills
- Understanding of SQL