An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Dorset.
Define and manage the requirement definition, implementation, verification and validation of a complex solution to ensure it fulfils the result, outcome or effect that is intended, where the requirement should be an unambiguous statement of the capability that the system must deliver. To conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes. Systems engineers will create and sustain successful, purposeful, systems that:
- Relate to the development and delivery of goods and services
- Deliver real benefits to the company, suppliers and customers
- Works with all technical domains, and all business functions.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for conducting the System Engineering activities throughout the complete lifecycle of a project. Responsible for:
- Deliver allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team.
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the project System Requirements Specifications;
- Developing and documenting the System architecture;
- Developing and documenting the systems design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications following a structured approach to realise the system;
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software;
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan;
- Promoting and co-ordinating an interdisciplinary approach through review and understanding of the outputs of the products of various engineering teams to confirm compliance with requirements & identify holes;
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
- Leading with system testing
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing
- Conducting integration testing
- Conducting system testing
- Configuration & Data Management
- Maintain and develop your own functional skills relevant to the systems discipline
- Identify own training needs and develop your personal career path to support the personal development process.
- Adhere to the company's systems engineering processes and procedures
- Supporting the safety verification process as required
- Support planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks & adhere to agreed estimates/timescales
- Support bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates & plans
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management
- Acting as a team player who recognises impact of own performance and behaviour in the wider team
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of safety issues.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk