Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Principal Surveyor / Commercial Manager to manage the commercial elements of a c. £85mn project near Salisbury. This is an exciting time to join a Times Top 100 Company to work for (14th place) which is continuing to grow. If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
The main role of a Principal Surveyor / Commercial Manager at Willmott Dixon is to support the operations manager on Live projects and tenders, by providing commercial expertise and management of surveying staff to ensure that projects are procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our clients' expectations.
You will provide leadership to ensure the project team achieve or exceed budgeted target, ensure that CVC reports are accurately completed to reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection, monitor the timing and completeness of subcontract orders whilst also resolving any disputes and legal matters in a timely manner.
As a Principal Surveyor / Commercial Manager you will also develop, motivate and retain surveying staff within your operating team. You will provide leadership, technical support and encourage value engineering and improved buildability solutions.You will also play a part in the recruitment of your team by identifying recruitment needs and undertaking interviews when needed.
We strive to build and establish excellent working relationships with our supply chain, consultants and clients where appropriate, this will enable you to identify any potential disputes in a timely manner to your line manager and then implement effective resolutions.
You will work closely with the project team and commercial manager to achieve or exceed budgeted target for your project.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunity for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
c. £85mn scheme near Salisbury
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Extensive knowledge of relevant computer software including MS Word, Excel & Project
- A detailed knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- A successful track record in leading financial management and cost control on projects.
- A track record of managing staff on multiple projects.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- A good level of experience in dispute resolution and contract administration.
- Construction related degree
- Membership or working toward MCIOB or RICS
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks.
- Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal.
- Make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary.
- Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
- Monitor the quality of work and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
- Commercial Manager
- Managing Surveyor
- Principal Surveyor