Principal Supply Chain Consultant APICS Birmingham
Huxley Engineering and a Global Name in the Automotive Industry are looking to recruit an Principal Supply Chain Consultant on a permanent basis for their offices in the Birmingham area, owing to rapid and sustained growth and to their develop their Supply Chain Management Service Offering and increase the capability to undertake major supply chain development programmes.
The Principle Supply Chain Consultant will provide technical leadership and full end-to-end ownership of the Supply Chain Management area of expertise and is accountable for leading the development of knowledge and expertise to establish my client's reputation as a market leading Supply Chain Management consultancy.
The Principle Supply Chain Consultant will play a leading role in developing relationships with clients and providing technical input into the preparation of proposals, competitive tenders/bids and supporting sales and to succeed in this role, you'll need to be able to demonstrate substantial experience in Supply Chain leadership, paired with commodity and supply market knowledge across a variety of spend categories, applying supply chain skills and techniques to impact business strategy and outcomes.
Specifically, my client are looking for a Principle Supply Chain Consultant who has operational experience in managing and transforming supply chains in complex engineered goods sectors such as automotive, aerospace or industrial products and are ideally looking for an APICS Supply chain professional with a detailed working knowledge of APICS supply chain processes, from demand management, through to finished goods distribution and have a proven track record of successfully leading supply chain transformations operating in a leadership or consultative capacity.
APICS certification to CPIM, CSCP, CLTD standard would be an advantage for this Principle Supply Chain Consultant Role/
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive industry experience in a Supply Chain Management position within a complex engineered goods sector - e.g. Automotive, Aerospace or Industrial Products.
- APICS certification to CSCP, CPIM, CLTD with a commitment to APICS CPD would be advantageous for this job role.
- Education to degree level, ideally post graduate study in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience of delivering supply chain management transformations in a consultative or interim management capacity
- Proven sales capability in professional services, previous consulting experience, either internally within a large multi-national, or as an external partner.
- Demand management/forecasting/capacity planning
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Orders management / Master scheduling / Production planning / Inventory planning and management
- Logistics and Distribution
- Ability to inspire, coach, mentor and develop the technical capabilities of junior members of the team.
For the successful Principal Supply Chain Consultant Role, a salary up to £75k + benefits package is on offer and this Principal Supply Chain Consultant role requires willingness to undertake regular travel, both in the UK and overseas.
This Principal Supply Chain Consultant role is commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Rugby, Leicester and Gaydon.
To be considered for this Principal Supply Chain Consultant Role, please apply via the link below
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Supply Chain / Procurement / Logistics / Procurement / CSCP / CPIM / CLTD / APICS