At AstraZeneca every one of our employeesmakes a difference to patient lives everyday. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
As a Principal Statistician or Statistical Science Director you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GMD (Global Medicines Development) drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
Our Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) department is an integral part of GMD anddrives good design to generate the data needed for quality decision making. The goal of B&I is to deliver value to the pipeline by excellence in delivery, improving decision making, and engaging and shaping the external environment whilst accessing and implementing innovative solutions.
Our Therapeutic Area (TA) aligned Statistics groups oversee and deliver the statistical contribution to design, decision-making, interpretations and communication (internally and externally) of the TA portfolio and is engaged in shaping the TA external environment. This opportunity is within our Oncology Therapeutic Area.
Successful candidates will be located in Cambridge UK or Gothenburg, Sweden.
Focus & Challenge of Position
- To lead the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation of AZ products.
- Leadership to statistical staff on the product world-wide so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Setting the standards (and enforcing compliance) for statistical work within the product;
- Holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables;
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications;
- Promote, investigate, develop and implement novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration.
- Develop relationships with international opinion leaders, consultants and collaborative groups.
- Mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics(containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- In depth knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Expert leadership capabilities to be able to lead and direct project work
- Extensive experience of Development, programme design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of major regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills required – the energy to work across global & functional boundaries, both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job