This central Manchester based position is working for an award-winning Software company that specialises in Predictive Analytics. Their revenue has doubled in the past 3 years and the team set the bar for excellence as individuals and as a team.
The role reports to the Development Manager and there are no direct reports, you will act as a Scrum Master.
Responsible for -
- Following agile engineering practices to assist the delivery of successful products, leveraging Open Source stacks, AWS Cloud Platform Services (IaaS & PaaS), through leadership by example
- The technical leadership, outputs and quality of development team members
- Liaising with Product Management to ensure effective backlog grooming, prioritisation and consistent task estimation
- Mentoring and coaching to ensure everyone is working to, and improving on, high standards
- Continuous Improvement within the Software Engineering CommunityWorking with Head of Department, Architecture, QA, SysOps and other Software Engineering Leaders to contribute to the continuing improvement of the Technology Division.
Key Skills Required -
- Leadership and communication skills, including ability to motivate and inspire the team
- Excellent experience of Agile Development Methodologies and Agile Engineering Practises e.g. SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP, CD/CI, TDD, Pair Programming
- Excellent Technical skills, with broad technology exposure and in particular Java and MySQL
- Excellent problem solving and willingness to take ownership of problems
- Extensive experience of designing and implementing secure, highly performant and scalable applications, including data analytic applicationsExtensive commercial experience of software development within AWS (IaaS & PaaS), including Application Containerisation
- Implementation of Microservice Architectures
- Sql Server
- Big Data
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'