Work as a Principal C/C++ Software Engineer with a leading Belfast based company.
Your new company
Work with a recognized leader in payment acceptance solutions. The company enables merchants, agents, POS developers and Value Added Resellers (VARs) to achieve strategic business advantage through the delivery of current and emerging payment, offer and program solutions and merchant services that dramatically enhance the merchant-customer experience.
Your new role
The C/C++ Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of my clients software components. Work with a product that is highly secure and operates across devices capable of handling contact and contactless smart cards, Android Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay etc., as well as providing value added services for both the Merchant and paying customer. Leading the team, the Principle Software Engineer will develop primarily on C++ and C, and will be responsible for utilising a variety of web protocols to integrate capabilities of my clients payment partner's Point of Sale systems (PoS), providing web services to PoS, and consuming web services from the Payment Gateway. The Principal Software Engineer is rightly recognised as a strong technical expert and leader. They are responsible for ensuring the team deliver the highest quality software at the fastest possible velocity. They are committed to a quality product and are prepared to develop and mentor the other members of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience of developing in C++ or C (and ability to learn C++ if only C background)
- Experience of at least one of XML, JSON, HTML
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Experience of Linux development
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with a desire to learn and a willingness to teach and mentor as leader of a team
- Experience in a senior role on software development teams
- Able to take ownership of, and responsibility for, assigned work
What you'll get in return
This job offers a competitive salary and benefits package combined with a good work life balance. Combined with this you will also get to work with a market leading company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- C++ Software Engineer