Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? AJ Bell could have just the opportunity for you.
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £42 billion and more than 183,400 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre. We have our head office in Manchester, as well as a Media office in London.
Our aim is to be to a market-leading provider of investment products and administration services in the execution-only and adviser markets.
• Provide senior technical escalation
• Work with Feature Owners to ensure a clear understanding of deliverables at a technical level
• Support Software Architect to ensure clear technical standards in place
• Develop technical benchmarking with development teams
• Provide "hands on" development support where appropriate
• Become a "Code Warrior" in the dept. seen as the go to person
• Perform code reviews and guide as appropriate
• Support the personal development goals through social meetups/conferences etc… advocating team attendance
o Building a calendar of events
• Responsible for quality of code output (everybody is!)
• Support application development standards.
o Best practice guidance
o Enable chosen architecture through clear standards for software compilation
o Assist with relevant design standards
• Develop & Monitor quality assurance and security procedures for business applications.
• Independently perform complex application development/programming analysis.
• Support DBAs in developing and maintaining database standards
• Represent Development at Enterprise Architecture and user group meetings.
• Support and advocate DevOps best practice
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of application architecture.
• Research new features, software, and tools.
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- Minimum 4 years in a senior development role
- High degree of technical competence
- Very strong communicator
- Strong influencing and mentoring skills
Knowledge and skills
- Domains of work (broad)
- Architectural framework understanding
- UX Conceptual design understanding
- Principles and practices of application testing, analysis, and security administration.
- Methods and techniques used to design, develop, test, and implement applications.
- Methods and techniques of evaluating business requirements and developing information systems solutions.
- Principles and practices of programming languages and operating systems.
- Microsoft software development best practices.
- Microsoft .NET Framework fundamentals.
In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
Our EQ4 office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
You will also have access to free onsite gym with a range of classes.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'