Principal Social Researcher - Home Office - Westminster - good salary & excellent benefits package
Do you enjoy leading and inspiring others whilst working on complex analytical work to inform decisions that shape both national and local policy and practice, with an appreciation for a supportive and flexible working environment at the heart of the UK government?
Why this role is important
The Home Office has a compelling agenda: to keep our citizens safe and our country secure and prosperous. We are currently growing our capacity to provide increased analytical support to key Home Office priorities. Your work will contribute to a range of key policy decisions. You will inspire staff, ensuring they feel a sense of ownership and passion for our work as we deliver the vision and real outcomes that create secure lives for everyone in Britain.
As the Principal Social Researcher, you'll be expected to lead and inspire teams to deliver high quality research and analysis that has impact. You will need to build and strengthen relationships with policy customers and stakeholders to ensure analysis is trusted and used effectively in policy development. You will be working flexibly across several different policy units and business areas.
Principal Social Researchers will hold the following:
- A 2:1 in an undergraduate degree or a 2:2 with a postgraduate degree.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present results of analysis succinctly and effectively to ensure maximum impact of analytical work being delivered
- Demonstrable experience of developing relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of project and programme management
- Ability to design and deliver high quality research and analysis that meets customer needs
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of analytical staff, setting the direction for the team and managing staff to continually improve their performance
Candidates that have subject matter expertise on the Home Office areas of responsibility would be particularly desirable.
What's on offer
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary package consisting of:
- London £54,121 - £62,239
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 years' service in the Home Office) plus 1 additional day for the Queen's Birthday and 8 bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme
- An extensive training and development plan for this role
- Flexible working to support a healthy work life balance
Hays Specialist Recruitment has been appointed as the recruitment partner for the Home Office. For all enquiries, please contact the Hays Home Office team at or via the mailbox [mailto:]
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'