We are recruiting for a Principal Scientist to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract analytical laboratory specialising in problem solving and analytical development, specialising in Mass Spectrometry. They have an extensive range of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrumentation and require a Principal Scientist to join the team. Our client has a global reputation for Extractable and Leachable analysis collaborating on studies with SME’s and large multinational organisations.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be heading up the technical Extractable and Leachable team as the Principal Scientist.
- Responsible for ensuring all reports are thoroughly checked for factual and scientific accuracy.
- Lead structural elucidation and interpretation services.
- Working closely with the other Principal Scientists and Senior Analysts.
- Using exceptional problem solving skills, you will ensure our clients first class analytical service standard is maintained.
Desirable attributes for the Principal Scientist:
- You will possess considerable practical experience of liquid chromatography and/or gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometric detection.
- Confident and competent in qualitative mass spectral interpretation.
- Experience of structural elucidation using accuracy mass/high resolution mass spectrometry is hugely advantageous.
- A proven track record of report writing and checking analytical reports to ensure they meet the highest standards.
- A prior knowledge of extractables and leachables testing and/or manufacturing processes and material chemistry of plastics and rubbers would also be highly advantageous.
- A good understanding of working to ISO 17025 quality standards and GLP and/or cGMP standards.
The package for Principal Scientist is as follows:
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience, with generous annual bonus opportunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
- Mass Spectrometry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"