Principal Ruby Engineer - Ruby, Node, React, AWS, Agile
£55,000 - £65,000 plus company benefits
You'll be joining a rapidly growing marketing tech business who have grown significantly over the past 2 years adding well-known household brands to their long list of customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a lead development role, this is perfect for someone who lives and breathes technology. You'll play a vital role to help drive a technical function with adoption of a DevOps culture, cloud platforms and a microservices architecture, working towards continuous improvement of their agile processes. You will offer input into the successful delivery and evolution of their innovative products and services.
Reporting into the CTO, you will take on the line management, training and mentoring responsibilities, to include; high quality, secure and performant code, architecture of new developments, and instilling best practice across the team.
Experience you'll need:
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails, preferably from version 3.2 and above.
- Expert knowledge in MySQL and the development of highly performant queries using the Entity Framework.
- Experience developing microservices architecture applications and scalable cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Leadership skills with demonstrable experience in mentoring and leading agile development teams.
- Experience developing code for highly available business critical software hosted in public cloud.
- Demonstrable skills around secure coding standards and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of developing coding standards and measuring these through the implementation of static code analysis and non-functional testing techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of agile working practices, Continuous Integration, GIT Flow, Capistrano, modern development patterns and practices.
- Development in Responsive Web sites, native iOS and Android technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Non-Functional Testing, AWS, Node JS, Jira, MongoDB, RSpec.
What are the benefits?
- 24 days holiday, plus an extra day on your birthday
- Increased holidays after 2 years
- Flexible working hours
- Perkbox employee benefit scheme
- Regular social events
- Friday drinks fridge at 4pm
- Pension and childcare vouchers
- Training and opportunities for career progression
If you have an appetite for cutting edge technologies and techniques, please apply for this Principal Engineer position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'