Principal - Radlett, Hertfordshire
Location: Radlett, HertfordshireSalary: £54,247 - £74,209 plus £10,511 (residential allowance) per annum
Contract: Permanent Full Time
An outstanding specialist school for Autism is now looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Head Teacher to join them this September! Based in the Radlett area the school is based on a country lane which is easily accessible via car. The school currently has 55 students on their role, all of which have with Autism and Asperger’s. Being a charity funded school, they pride of the positive impact and change that they make to these students lives. The students range between the ages of 4 through to 19 and the school helps to develop and shape the students abilities before stepping in to the world as an adult.
The school is charity funded and has been around for somewhat of 50 years. The school prides itself on their passion and their ability to create a warm learning environment for their students (4 – 19) within the school and the residential home attached.
A brief history of the school:
- School and residential home opened in 1974 – since it opened 291 students have attended the school, currently the school holds 54 students (aged 4 – 19)
- The school offers a primary model of education throughout which provides a low arousal nurturing environment that is conductive to promoting wellbeing and positive outcomes.
- Strong EYFS and KS1 departments where the school has an unfaltering record in successfully enabling pupils to progress and develop early skills.
- The school has consistently been awarded outstanding at all Ofsted Care and Education inspections between 2011 – 2017
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and inspirational leader within specialist education to lead the way in transforming the lives of young people on the autism spectrum and develop a true community school which is linked with community groups, parents, local authorities, and other schools in the region.
- Embrace the changing landscape in specialist education and oversee the development and operational management of the school with the support of the UK’s leading charity for people with autism.
- Create a distinctive culture and philosophy so that from the moment a person enters the building they will know this is a school where pupils are respected, achieve beyond what is expected, are empowered to make positive choices about their own lives and have rich and varied experiences.
- To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities (including those of innovation and vision), as well as demonstrating specialist ASD knowledge (through experience and practice).
Hours of work
200 days inclusive of 10 non pupil training days (1 week autism specific and 1 week INSET). Normal hours may be varied to meet the changing needs of the school. There may be occasions when additional hours are necessary to meet specific or special requirements.
What we can offer you
- Excellent induction, training and development programme including Autism specific interventions and conference opportunities
- Reflective supervision, mentoring and coaching
- 24 hour access to online training
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits(e.g. childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes)
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Pension scheme 21
- Annual leave entitlement of 12 weeks inclusive of bank holidays
- Career progression opportunities
The ideal candidate will have / be;
- Previous experience is ideal in leadership - will consider someone who is looking for the next step ( Deputy/ Assistant Head)
- Extensive knowldge fo SEN ( ideally Autism)
- Able to commit to the hours
- Able to commute to Radlett regularly
- Experience of setting school targets
- Experience in leading educational projects, innovation, strategic planning and financial management.
- Proven track record of successfully working with local authorities.
- Experience of managing an autism specialist provision in either a
mainstream school or special school
- Experience of teaching children and young people across the autism spectrum
- In-depth understanding of assessment theory and practice.
- Understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies for children and young people with autism
- Outstanding leader, committed to distributive leadership and teamwork.
- The skills and experience to set and manage budgets, strategic planning, HR management and Business skills
- Actively seeking n
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job