Principal Planning Officer New Settlements
Please note this is a 2 year fixed term contract (with potential for extension subject to budget and workload).
Are you a highly motivated, experienced senior or principal planning officer who understands the delivery of large scale and strategic site and proposals? Are you looking for a new, different and interesting challenge working for a highly motivated team addressing the infrastructure challenge for new garden communities?
This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the growth agenda within Essex. Although this post is initially fixed for 2 years, there may well be opportunity for extension, dependent on budget and continuation of the long term projects for the delivery of new garden communities that this role would be leading on. We are therefore looking for a highly-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced planner to join our growing and forward-thinking team to work on specific challenging residential, employment and infrastructure schemes and proposals across Essex and in neighbouring areas. The primary focus of the successful candidate will be working with partners on cross-boundary schemes on the Essex / Hertfordshire borders supporting the delivery of emerging sustainable garden communities proposals; there will also be opportunity to get involved in a range of other significant growth projects elsewhere in the county.
The postholder will be required to work closely with a wide range of public and private sector stakeholders to ensure that Essex's interests are effectively communicated and protected. Working as part of the team, you would get involved in different projects at the earliest opportunity, supporting them from inception to delivery and providing a robust and co-ordinated response to growth challenges and opportunities as they arise. Excellent project management and communication skills are a must.
As the key point of contact for specific site and proposals, this post would work alongside the manager and other principal planners within the Growth and Development team to co-ordinate a single response to major development proposals, garden communities and large scale infrastructure projects from Essex County Council perspective to ensure that the best schemes are delivered to create sustainable communities. This is a real opportunity for the right person to shape and influence significant growth projects to ensure that they positively contribute to the local community in the short, medium and longer term.
Could this be you?
For an informal chat with one of the team, please email your preferred contact details to Growth&
* Single point of contact in relation to infrastructure and sustainable development requirements when engaging with specific large scale development proposals and the implementation phase of bringing forward garden communities.
* Leading on, alongside other team members, producing the Councils corporate response, in relation to National Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP) at both the pre-application and Development Consent Order (DCO) stage
* Responsible for delivering an efficient and effective service by leading the engagement with other relevant internal professional service area to facilitate and produce high quality, impactful and timely single response from Essex County Council to both pre-application and planning application stages, where there will be an effect on capacity of infrastructure, services and facilities to support new communities.
* Ensure Essex County Council is able to successfully influence the master planning, pre-application and planning application process by helping to secure planning policy compliant planning decisions, which secure the appropriate level of developer funded infrastructure contributions via S106 and other means; as well as and address S106 review clauses as and where necessary, particularly where development viability is raised and accounted for.
* Responsible for providing professional and authoritative advice on specialist/technical matters as well as acting as lead officer advising on and helping guide negotiations on complex and large scale planning applications and proposals.
* Responsible for co-ordinating and giving evidence at public inquiries, examinations in public and in court in order to qualify or defend ECC planning decisions where necessary.
For a full role profile and job specification, please click here
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'