Job Title: Principal Medical Writer
Salary: Upto £60,000
Location: Central London
This is a really exciting role for the right candidate who wants to step up from a Senior Medical Writer role to make their mark and build the Medical Writing department at this fantastic agency. The candidate will have the opportunity to guide the direction of the department, working with the Planning Department to bring innovative, strategic and creative medical writing to clients.
• Acting as scientific ambassador for the agency, providing scientific and strategic input for both new and existing accounts, including during the pitching process
• Overseeing medical writing department (two junior writers) to include managing resource requirements and reviewing work
• Delivery of high quality scientific and creative (but non-conceptual) communications (slide kits, eDetail aids, leave pieces, congress materials)
• BSc or higher in biological or medically-related subject
• Approx 5 years` experience in a healthcare advertising (preferred) or medical communications agency
• Confidence to lead at client meetings and pitches
• Experience of managing or mentoring junior writers preferred
• Ability to work independently but also collaborate with accounts, conceptual copywriters and art directors
• A passion for both advertising and pharmaceutical developments
• Familiarity with ABPI guidelines, Zinc and/or Veeva Promomats
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialists sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all our agencies - therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give you tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect `fit` for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
- Principal Medical Writer