Principal Medical Writer - Medical Communications
Summary / Heading
A leading global MedComms agency is looking for a Principal Medical Writer to take the lead for the delivery of high-quality copy for a wide range of events materials and publications on a number of Oncology and Diabetes accounts.
You will be utilising excellent verbal and written communication skills to lead the development of accurate scientific copy for a variety of materials, manage junior colleagues and build and maintain strong relationships, sharing strategic and commercial knowledge with external stakeholders. The Principal Medical Writer will lead a team of junior writers and will be responsible for line management and providing clear feedback and reviews on a variety of writing styles and projects. They will also be required to support the senior team, assisting with resourcing and business development as required.
The successful candidate will be working on oncology (prostate) and diabetes accounts so would need a strong understanding of these areas and the majority of the work would be on publications and events-based materials so again, experience in this area is required.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of an excellent team in one of the leading global MedComms agencies.
Salary (If applicable)
£50-60k per annum
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This forward-thinking global MedComms company is seeking talented individuals to join their writing teams. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to work with a skilled team to take responsibility to develop and deliver copy on a range of projects whilst also being client facing and an integral part of the team.
• 25 days holiday
• In-office Pilates and HIT training.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Life Assurance
• Private Health Insurance
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Taking the lead to create and develop publications and events-based materials over the therapy areas of oncology and diabetes.
• Maintaining a strong knowledge of therapy areas, client products and competitors.
• Line managing junior writers, providing insights into writing styles, content and delivery of written materials.
• Supporting the senior Scientific and Client Services teams with forecasting, resourcing and budgeting.
• Maintaining strong relationships with clients and medical experts.
• Supporting the Client Services team in strategic planning and management.
• Participating in new business development proposals and pitches.
• MSc/PhD qualification (Life Sciences)
• Strong oncology knowledge
• Strong diabetes knowledge
• 5 years + Medical Communications Agency experience.
• Experience of line management.
• Strong business development skills and strategic acumen.
• Experience of creating events materials and publications (desirable)
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience of working well under pressure.
• Knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations with experience of working to ABPI.
• High level of organisation and time-management.
• Pro-active and enthusiastic.
Key Benefits To You:
• Opportunity to support on global projects.
• Opportunity to work with highly talented team members within a top MedComms agency.
Agency Statement / USP / Link / Contact Details
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialist sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all agencies - therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect `fit` for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
- Principal Medical Writer : Medical Communications