We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to join an international engineering practice on a permanent basis in Manchester. Our client delivers a range of multi-disciplinary engineering services to the Energy, Transportation, Healthcare, Education, and other sectors. Through working on some of the world's most notable projects, they have gained a catalogue of highly reputable clients. Due to an increasing workload, they are seeking an enthusiastic Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their innovative team and assist with major Oil & Gas developments.
The successful candidate will have a variety of roles and responsibilities including:
- Taking responsibility of the day-to-day technical consultancy and advice (project management and leadership)
- Conducting feasibility, conceptual, and detailed design studies and development strategies
- Acting as design lead to the development of client reports and engineering drawings
- Providing mentoring and support to team members when required
- Ensuring projects assigned meet required budgets and technical standards, and meet QA, CDM and SHEQ requirements as necessary
- Liaising with a variety of stakeholders including clients and contractors etc.
The essential skills, experience and attributes necessary for this role include:
- Degree qualified in relevant subject, with substantial post-graduate experience
- Chartered status (CEng, MIGEM, IMechE, MEI) or equivalent technical experience
- Technical independence within Oil & Gas transportation and storage systems design
- Knowledge of relevant UK and international gas industry design codes (IGEM/TD/1; TD/13; TD etc.)
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of legislative processes associated with planning, design and technical consents
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Friendly and approachable attitude
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and PDS, or other relevant design software would be advantageous
- Knowledge of National Grid standards would be advantageous
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Ashley Clarke on or email ashley.clarke @blueprintrecruit.com and quote 12941AGC. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
- Principal Mechanical Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job