Principal Mechanical Design Engineer required for our client who are one of the UKs leading M&E consultancies. They are looking for Mechanical Design Engineers / Building Service Engineers with a minimum of 3 years post graduate experience to be based in or around the Bournemouth area and are willing to consider candidates that would relocate. Our client delivers and work a variety of projects across the UK focused towards building services and MEP.
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer / Building Services Design Engineer that will be tasked with creating mechanical designs for both new projects and upgrading existing projects from concept to final assembly.
Our client works across a number of different sectors and in turn you will work on a variety of different projects such as mixed use buildings, hospitals, healthcare premises, schools, commercial centres, data centres and defence.
It is expected that the Mechanical Design Engineer / Building Services Design Engineer will have a proven career history and background within the engineering sector and specifically mechanical engineering knowledge based on concept and detailed designs, specifications and the integration of mechanical services. You will also be confident with Building Services Engineering design frameworks and the governing industry standards such as BS, EN Regulations and BREEAM
Experience with the following software packages is also expected Hevacomp, CAD, Revit MEP, Navis.
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Overview
- Contributing to developing the design of engineering solutions and systems within the built environment, preparing plans, specifications and schedules.
- Create reports to support design concepts that show compliance with standards and best practice.
- Inspect installations reviewing progress, quality and performance.
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Previous experience at an engineering practice / engineering consultancy
- Software package knowledge: Hevacomp / CAD / Revit MEP
- Professionally qualifications such as a degree / HND in BSc / BEng(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering or similar,
- Member or Associate of Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) or IMech, IMech or similar
- A clear understanding of the design, installation, testing and commissioning of mechanical building services within the built environment.
- Project Leading / Client Facing experience would be advantageous
Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Basic Salary of £35K - £45K+ DOE
- 25 days' holiday + Bank Holidays
- 37 hours per week with flexible working hours
- Life Assurance, Private Medical / Healthcare & Health Fund
- Pension with employer matching up to 5%
- Additional flexible benefits including shopping discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle to work
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy