Principal Landscape Architect
Principal Environmental Planner
We are excited that our client has asked us to help them to recruit an Principal Environmental Planner. In this role you will provide specialist technical support and contribute to the delivery of high quality, accurate purpose project deliverables.
- To actively support and lead project delivery through undertaking internal project manager responsibilities for environmental projects - understanding customer requirements, developing technical approaches, planning and management of activities and assurance of the outputs.
- To have the ability to independently evaluate environmental techniques and procedures, and criteria applying to local and national standard and best practice.
- To have responsibility for managing the project with reference to the project associate or director.
- Be confident in the building of client relationships and business development.
- To drive the development of the environmental capability within the business and provide a link to the capability in the wider business.
- Demonstrate effective communication, actively leading in meetings (both internal and external), consultation events, design reviews et al.
- Have a thorough knowledge of and compliance with company procedures and standards including compliance with Quality Management System and Health and Safety requirements, and be able to instruct others.
The Person, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work efficiently and under pressure
- Proven experience in coordination and preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Environmental Statements.
- Sound knowledge and experience of EIA Regulations, legal precedents and UK planning system and consents processes.
- The ability to confidently input into bidding, design/optioneering, assessment, consenting and approvals during planning and delivery of projects, with experience of managing budgets as part of EIA delivery.
- Ability to work within and lead multi-disciplinary teams, and knowledge of environmental planning issues across all disciplines, with experience of reviewing specialist inputs.
- The candidate will have a confident demeanour and be able to balance demands from other consultants/project managers and clients at ease.
- Previous line managerial experience is desirable, with the ability to foster cohesive project teams being essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- BSc(Hons) in an environmental discipline or equivalent environmental planning or environmental engineering experience.
- Chartered Environmental status (CEnv) or working towards this
- 5 years industry specific experience
Cirencester location with free parking
- Competitive salary - £35-£42k depending on experience
- £5,250k Car allowance
- 26 days holidays plus bank holidays, 3 gift days for Christmas office closures.
- Health and life insurance
- Contractual bonus
- 7% Pension contribution
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'