Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our well-established and experienced team based in Glasgow. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum and benefits.
About the Principal Geo-Environmental Engineerrole:
As a senior/principal member of the team you will be expected to lead or assist in the delivery of geo-environmental and geotechnical projects and will therefore be able to demonstrate strong technical, commercial and project management capabilities. It is expected that employees working at this grade will have a keen project finance awareness, be client facing, self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
While our current team are primarily based out of our Glasgow office there are opportunities to be based in our Edinburgh or Stirling offices as well as the potential to work from home, with visits to our Glasgow office as needed. Based on our current workload and client base there are ample opportunities to develop within this role and to assist in managing our growing team.
Key duties as our Principal Geo-Environmental Engineerwill include:
- Managing geo-environmental projects through PRA and site investigation phases, including the production of high quality interpretive reports, adhering to RSK procedures and completed within the given cost budgets and programmes agreed with the client
- Designing and management of site investigation works and projects in the sectors above
- Effectively communicating with clients (both external and within the wider RSK group) and colleagues to build strong working relationships with the aim of meeting and exceeding client expectations, and contributing to a strong team ethic
- Managing projects to meet both commercial and technical requirements and working with technical and projects leads to deliver appropriate solutions wherever necessary
- Supporting business development through managing the preparation of tenders
- Stewardship of health, safety and environment in accordance with company standards and contribute to sustainability goals
What we're looking for in our Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer:
- An experienced project manager in an environmental/engineering consultancy environment
- Practical experience in designing, supervising and managing site investigations for geo-environmental and/ or geotechnical assessments
- Knowledge and experience of basic geotechnical testing and assessment of constraints and foundation design preferable
- Proven experience of preparing tenders and fee proposals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation in Scotland and elsewhere in the UK is beneficial
- Ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise workload
- Client driven with the ability to motivate and engage with immediate colleagues and those across the wider RSK business
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literate and skilled with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of use of Microsoft Project also valuable.
- Full UK driving licence
- BSc degree level qualified in Geology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering or a related subject essential
- Chartered Geologist, Scientist or Engineer
Benefits you will receive as our Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Your professional institution fees and all training will be covered
- Regular training and career development are promoted and encouraged
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer, then please click 'Apply’ today.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'