Job Title: Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer
Salary: £41K - £48K + Excellent Benefits
My Client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal Geo-Environmental Engineer to join their team in Birmingham, to work on the design of some of the most exciting construction projects in the UK and worldwide. Working closely with colleagues across our multi-disciplinary practice, you will provide specialist consultancy input on projects across all sectors.
You will undertake detailed geo-environmental analysis, lead site investigation and risk assessments, including; Phase I and II land quality risk assessments, environmental due diligence and undertake remediation design and verification. Experience of undertaking qualitative and semi-quantitative contaminated land risk assessment is ESSENTIAL.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Ideally holding chartership and with significant demonstrable relevant experience, along with a BSc degree (or equivalent) in geology, engineering geology, earth sciences, geochemistry or environmental science. An MSc would be advantageous.
2. Extensive experience in a broad range of geo-environmental engineering work including Phase I and Phase II assessments, remediation method statements/strategies, remediation supervision and remediation verification.
3. You have also carried out Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment (DQRA) for Human Health and/or Controlled Waters and have extensive experience of scoping, conducting and interpreting site investigations for a variety of schemes including for large / tall buildings in complex urban environments.
4. Proven working knowledge of BS 5930/Eurocode 7, BS10175, CIRIA 665, 552 and 733, BS8485, BRE-SD1, CIRIA SP32 and WM3 and the ability to produce detailed, robust and defensible ground models and conceptual site models.
5. Ability to manage and develop more junior members of the team and undertake detailed technical reviews of reports.
6. Some basic geotechnical knowledge (i.e. assessment of appropriate bearing capacity, settlement analysis, working knowledge of earthworks etc.)
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - Keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.