These guys work in small but very strong, autonomous teams that are always pushing the boundaries of how technology and data are used online and are continuously developing an environment and culture that is all about creating great software, using the best tools and technologies for the right jobs in the best possible ways.
As the Principal Front-End Developer, you will be ensuring that the platform continues to exceed all customer's expectations while constantly releasing new features and improving functionality. You will work in a product led, cross disciplined team on everything from; helping to choose the best tools and frameworks to working with design and product to build exciting new features and as they are currently planning on some major changes to their design and front-end architecture, you will be at the centre of this, solving key technical and user experience problems.
Their current tech-stack looks like this:
- Python on the back-end.
- They are big fans of Django too!
- CSS - Less.
- Mobile first - responsive mobile web experience is hugely important, both in terms of functionality and performance.
- Tooling - they're currently using Babel, Webpack, ESLint, Mocha, and a whole load more! They're always evaluating what they use to improve their work.
What you will be doing:
- Find solutions to hard technical problems, architecture design and driving the front-end forward.
- Evaluate the best technical setup for any future project work.
- Help to improve the build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster.
- AWS hosted environment, using a range of tools and setups around this: ECS, Docker, CircleCI.
- You'll have to love testing as, you'll be writing both unit and integration tests.
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards, which range from simple server-rendered pages to client-side applications built using React.
These guys have a great working environment and are all very passionate about what they do! There is a long list of great benefits that come as a package, along with a VERY competitive salary for the right person. They are looking for a strong mixture of skill and passion to ensure the product remains number one and that customers wouldn't need to go anywhere else.
Check out our Jobs Page for more like this.
At Hanover we believe in "greater digital recruitment".
We value being Transparent, Consultative, Innovative and Personable.
- Vanilla JS