Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer
A prestigious Powertrain Engineering Consultancy has an exciting opportunity for a Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer to join their busy team based in Milton Keynes. You will be employed on a full time, permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary.
They are developing next generation technologies as part of the move towards a more sustainable way of powering vehicles. Working with prestigious manufacturers and Tier 1 suppliers, they create innovative, complex powertrain engineering solutions used for a wide range of applications in passenger and off highway vehicles and motorsport.
They are experiencing significant growth stemming from their successful programmes and as a result are seeking a highly capable Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer interested in a fast paced, challenging and varied role, to analyse designs - ensuring they are viable solutions.
As their employee, you will receive ongoing personal development, outstanding training opportunities and an excellent benefits package including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Life assurance and Private medical insurance
Key responsibilities of a Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer include
- Analyse components, systems and products using various analysis tools and techniques
- Use first principles of engineering to provide hand calculations to qualify any analysis work
- Interpret analysis results and provide design direction where necessary
- Create reports, documentation and present the data at all levels across the organisation
- Develop CAE standards and processes across the Design and Analysis function
- Liaise with external and internal customers providing help desk support when required to resolve technical problems with analysis jobs
- Monitor the use of CAE tools and lead the development of them where necessary in collaboration with your manager
- Create analysis models that can be used in the future on similar components and system
Required Skills and Experience of a Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer include
The successful Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer will ideally be PhD qualified in a relevant engineering discipline with strong knowledge of product, system and component analysis with strong working knowledge of Abaqus.
You will have vast knowledge of materials and their properties and their use in engineering design and analysis as well as significant experience in the automotive/aerospace industry with the ability to do hand calculations, structural (linear / non-linear) analysis, dynamic, modal, vibration, thermal and stress analysis.
We would also like to hear from Degree/Masters educated candidates with exceptional experience in our field.
You may previously have held a role as a Senior/Principal Analysis Engineer, Senior/Principal Design and Analysis Engineer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as a Principal FEA / Analysis Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now!