Do you have a strong technical knowledge of EV powertrains? Do have experience in a technical leadership and coaching role? An industry-leading company that provide testing and quality assurance to companies around the globe are looking for a Principal EV Powertrain Test Engineer to provide technical leadership to their EV Powertrain testing team and oversee testing projects.
Our client has over 100 years of experience in quality assurance and provide their services to industries around the globe. They make sure that products meet required standards across multiple areas of business operations, from R&D to manufacturing, distribution to materials sourcing.
A truly global company, they aim to provide the very best in testing and quality assurance to companies across the world which they are achieving through their extensive testing capabilities and facilities. One of their core markets is the testing of parts for automotive OEMs and tier suppliers, testing combustion engines, powertrains and more. They are incredibly well respected in the powertrain industry and this is an area of huge growth for the company.
As Principal EV Powertrain Test Engineer you’ll provide technical direction to the EV test engineering team to ensure customers receive the very best service. You’ll make sure that projects meet their targets and will provide technical leadership on complex powertrain test projects. You’ll be a true expert on EV powertrain testing!
- Technical leadership of the EV powertrain test team
- Overseeing the team of engineers and providing mentorship to them
- Developing engineering competence within the team
- Working closely with EV testing stakeholders to achieve customer goals
- Designing and implementing safe systems for operating and fault finding
- Providing guidance for the specification, installation, and commissioning of EV powertrain test and measurement systems
- Working with test equipment suppliers to deliver cutting edge test methodology
- Driving best practice and technical excellence in test processes
- Supporting internal and external audits
- Liaising with EV powertrain test customers
- Developing strong relationships with customer engineers and suppliers
- Providing technical input and feasibility studies into proposals
- Representing the company as an EV powertrain technical expert
- Helping the EV powertrain test function to grow
You will be an expert on EV powertrains and have experience leading or coaching a technical team. Other requirements include…
- Strong track record in a leadership role in a test environment
- Experience coaching a technical team
- Degree in engineering or a related science discipline
- Strong technical understanding of EV powertrains (including motors and power electronics)
- Up to date experience in electronic controls theory
- Able to adapt and deliver projects to specification and timescales
- Able to simplify complex technical concepts
- Experience working in an electrical safety environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analytically minded with a strong attention to detail
- Strategic and able to deliver on plans and projects
- Able to drive continuous improvement
FMC Contact for this role: James Watson
Reference number: 9238
- Electric Vehicles
- Test Engineering
- Test Equipment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'