This role is a core part of the process engineering team supporting the business in delivering innovative products within set parameters and time frames. The role requires the post-holder to work within the clean room as well as lab areas, to maintain, develop and deliver process solutions relating to MOVPE and related technologies. In addition this role requires the holder to provide technical leadership to the epitaxy team as well as support by way of coaching and mentoring for development of skills within the epitaxy function.
- Provide InP and related materials technical expertise to Huawei R&D in process and product development.
- Direct, in a leadership role, epitaxy process to meet on-time delivery of product and project needs.
- Manage and develop epitaxy team capability with coaching/mentoring support to team members;
- Develop and complete on plans for infrastructure (reactor, facility and characterisation) development including tool procurement (process/tool specification, vendor selection, process commissioning etc.) and tool upgrade;
- Direct consumable materials procurement strategies for best value;
- Generate and manage process improvement activities for epitaxy outcomes. - Lead structured process problem solving activities
- Provide briefing reports to senior management (on and off-site) on epitaxy progress and strategy;
- Develop process instructions/training for technician/operators and engineering colleagues.
- Direct system development for efficient dissemination of epitaxy process data.
- Manage change control processes in the Epitaxy function.
- Lead liaison with engineer & management colleagues off-site to align epitaxy process improvements and share learning.
- Significant track record in III-V materials epitaxy by MOVPE, preferably using the Aixtron planetary reactor platform;
- Expert level knowledge of InP and related materials including material characterisation techniques (PL, xray, surfscan, ECV, SEM, TEM SIMS etc.)
- Track record in using structured problem solving techniques;
- Proficiency in SPC and 6 sigma techniques.
- Demonstrable experience of people management and leadership in a technical environment.