Principal Embedded DSP Firmware Engineer (Edinburgh, Scotland)
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting a Principal Embedded DSP Firmware Engineer for one of our most outstanding clients that is an international designer of mixed signal semiconductor solutions with a growing design presence in the Edinburgh, Scotland.
Our client is a fabless semiconductor company specializing in the design of innovative mixed-signal System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions for automotive applications.
Our design team develops custom and standard SoC solutions for automotive applications which integrate advanced digital ICs (Arm®Cortex® MCUs and/or DSP) with mixed-signal devices into a single System-in-Package (SiP). The mixed signal can include power management, RF, high voltage as well as high speed convertors allowing us to provide complete solutions to our international customer base.
You will join a small team of highly competent engineers involved in the design, implementation and verification of firmware for embedded systems targeting automotive driver assistance system (ADAS) applications. You will architect, design, implement and support firmware modules and sample applications. You will also support the hardware SOC design team’s pre-silicon verification and application engineering group’s customer-facing demonstration platforms. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated firmware developer to join a growing team of engineers who strive to solve automotive problems.
Implementing algorithms commonly found in image analysis, communications, radar receivers, or other systems of similar overall complexity.
- Translating high-level algorithmic descriptions (e.g. in Matlab) to high-performance embedded DSP algorithms for FFTs, FIR/IIR filters, search, and matrix manipulation, including ability to optimize memory consumption and cycle count.
- Performing trade-off analysis in DSP firmware data path design such as representation (fixed vs. floating point), pipelining (latency vs. throughput), and parallelizability (dependency checking).
- Using high-speed ADC data capture and analysis (e.g. using an FPGA) for rapid prototyping of signal processing algorithms (Xilinx or Intel FPGA tool-chains only).
- Writing software documentation, and presenting it to peers and management cogently.
- Education and experience levels: Ph.D. + 3 years, M.S. + 5 years, Bachelor's + 7 years, from a leading science/engineering university program.
- Prior experience with Cadence Tensilica or equivalent embedded DSP processors.
- Expert level understanding of version control, release management, continuous integration and unit testing.
- Experience with industry standard debug/trace using Segger, Lauterbach or equivalent.
- Experience in from-scratch new product development.
- Preferred experience in Radar DSP algorithm implementation.
Work Location: Edinburgh, UK
- Embedded Systems
- Signal Processing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'