Enigma People Solutions is excited to be recruiting an Electrical Engineering technology expert for an outstanding, well funded organisation that has the ambition to change the world. Building on proven and new technology our client is building a new team in Edinburgh that will optimise and commercialise an innovation set to change existing electricity grid architecture.
Our client is formed from the desire to solve global challenges facing our society and environment. Specifically, with innovation in deep tech, they are revolutionising energy distribution systems.
The R&D engineering team has been established to develop and mature our client's technology. As a senior member of this team with a focus on electrical hardware, specifically power electronics, you will share responsibility for the design and delivery of all physical design aspects of the project all the way through to full commercialisation.
In this role you will:
- Undertake scientific research and data acquisition to inform design pathway opportunities
- Complete sophisticated conceptual design based on functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Use advanced simulation tools to produce high fidelity models of electronic systems, in combination with electromagnetic and control system models, both static and dynamic
- Design test plans
- Undertake lab-based testing of physical hardware
- Field test prototypes and interact with partner companies
- Utilise design by rationalised constraint
- Analyse test data and iterate design schematics for improvement
- Work collaboration projects with partner universities in UK, US and Australia
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
Competencies (traits and attributes)
- Team player, reliable
- Innovative and creative
- Rational thinker
- Open minded problem solver
- Minimum of MEng / MSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or equivalent
- Extensive experience with DC-AC and AC-DC 3 phase inverters and rectifiers for power transmission applications
- Detailed knowledge & practical experience over a number of years with:
- IGBT & MOSFET (Si & SiC) technology
- single and multilevel inverters,
- pulse width modulation strategies
- multi modular converters
- Familiarity with MATLAB Simulink and power transmission systems is highly desirable.
- Conceptual Design
- Power Electronics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'