Permanent - Up to £50,000
Are you a Senior Ecologist looking to move up the career ladder?
Have a passion for protecting wildlife?
Do you have a degree in Ecology or similar?
A Principal Ecologist is required to join the team in Manchester on a permanent basis for a huge project. This role will be covering the North West and Midlands.
- Working with a national Ecology team
- Conduct desk based studies, surveys and reports
- Conduct field based studies, surveys and reports
- Conduct Preliminary Ecological Appraisals - PEA
- Lead extended phase 1 habitat surveys
- Assess sites for protected species and habitats
- Design and Plan surveys
- Assist with ecological mitigation design
- Interpret survey data and advise colleagues and clients accordingly
- Produce and provide Quality Control of accurate and detailed reports to the Ecology Team
- Mentor and coach colleagues
- Manage and coordinate projects
- Manage junior staff including conducting appraisals, performance, run team meetings and day to day management
- Respond to queries within 24 hours and complete realistic fee proposals
- Work closely with the team manager regarding new projects, progress on existing jobs and deadlines
- Deliver presentations
- Maximise business development opportunities
- Conduct and organise surveys and meetings
- Work across a variety of locations in the UK with your local office being based in Manchester or Blackburn.
Your essential requirements:
- Full or associate membership of CIEEM
- Extensive experience of PEA
- Ability to undertake extended phase 1 habitat surveys
- Excellent report writing skills
- IT skills
- Working knowledge and design experience of mitigation principles/schemes
- Knowledge of environmental/ wildlife legislation
- Knowledge of planning processes and policies
- Full driving license
- Honours degree in Ecology or similar
- Understanding of and experience in Phase 1 Habitat, NVC and other botanical surveys Experience of protected species surveys and holder of relevant licences (particularly Class 2 Bat and/or Great Crested Newt licences)
- Holder of Species Survey Licences for England and/or Wales (e.g. great crested newts, bats, & white clawed crayfish, dormice etc)
- Experience of BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes Assessments
This role will involve travelling around to different sites and will require you to commute to the office based in Manchester when not in the field.
You will also be required to work a variety of hours including unsociable hours in order get the task done.
This is working for huge consultancy who are best across the UK. If you are unable to get to one of the North West offices there could potentially be other alternative options worst-case scenario.
It will be a one - two-stage interview and is to start sooner rather than later.
To apply please contact Jennifer on or email your CV directly
Best of luck
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'