Principal EC&I Engineer
My client is recruiting for an EC&I Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry.
• Provision of leading technical expertise valued by clients, being a recognised authority in specialised areas and maintains 'front edge' capability in developing techniques and standards in area of expertise
• Provision of cost effective engineering design solutions and high quality customer service
• Acts as the Responsible Engineer for projects, possibly involving different technical disciplines and works in a safe and sustainable manner and strives for continuous improvement in these areas
• Produces and submits proposals or tenders for new work, within area of expertise
• Proactively provides mentoring and training for staff as required
• Maintains and develops customer relationships, through reputation, knowledge and experience, to encourage follow on and new work within the skill area, to promote future business
• Is self-motivated within the role, and identifies and develops proposals to enhance business opportunities
• Demonstrates focus on customer care, committed to delivering on promise
• Experience of working with the ONR Safety Assessment Principles
• Ensure successful delivery of high quality engineering works to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
• Degree qualified, Chartered engineer with a relevant professional body
• Significant technical EC&I knowledge and experience
• Experience of a consultancy environment specifically focused on process plant, control & instrumentation and associated safety case in a highly regulated industry
• Experience of working and engaging with the Office for Nuclear regulation (ONR) or equivalent industry regulator
• knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines a distinct advantage
• Experience of SMART instruments, Software and Hardware Equipment Qualification techniques or Cyber Security an advantage
• Experience of developing Safety Critical Systems and associated Safety Case
• Experience of requirements management and a systems engineering approach
• Maintains a developing knowledge of products and services available in the marketplace to support design concepts
• Maintains and develops knowledge, capability and competence in latest engineering standards and techniques, particularly in the application of BS61508, BS61513, BS61511 or derivatives thereof
• Is flexible to travel to various sites around the UK for both long and short durations.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job