We are currently recruiting for a Principal Designer/ CDM Consultant to join a leading Construction Consultancy operating predominantly, but not exclusively, in the public sector. Based from our client's Head Office in Kent, the Principal Designer/ CDM Consultant will directly support the CDM Manager in providing CDM Consultant Services.
It is envisaged that the successful Principal Designer/ CDM Consultant will have a Construction/ Design background, with a strong understanding of the design process. It is important that the candidate is experienced in CDM 2015 and has worked on a variety of projects, from demolition through to completion, with varying values. iMAPS or NEBOSH certification is also required.
The primary focus of the role will be to provide direct support to the CDM Manager. More specifically, there will be a requirement to take responsibility for co-ordinating pre-construction H&S, preparing the H&S file and reviewing, updating and amending as the project progresses. There will also be a need to liaise with the Principal Contractor to aid in planning, managing, monitoring and co-ordinating construction phase. Other duties and responsibilities will be explained at interview stage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Designer/ CDM Consultant to join an ambitious consultancy that has been established for over 60 years and is looking to grow. There are genuine opportunities for career progression for those who work hard and show commitment to the company.
Principal Designer Position Overview
- Responsible for co-ordinating pre-construction H&S
- Compile pre-construction information and provide it to the contractors and designers
- Prepare the H&S file and review, update and amend as the project progresses
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor to aid in planning, managing, monitoring and co-ordinating construction phase.
- Other duties to be discussed at interview
Principal Designer Position Requirements
- Construction/ Design Background
- Experienced in CDM 2015
- iMAPS/ NEBOSH certification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of the design process
- Varied project experience
Principal Designer Position Remuneration
- Salary: £40k + (DOE)
- Life assurance
- 26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Other company benefits
- Career Progression Opportunities
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy