Principal Designer/CDM Adviser with a choice of location. Winchester or Sutton or Bedford
Your new company
They offer all their clients professional structural, civil and associated engineering consultancy services, and aim to provide innovation, value, and quality on all their projects. Their size and structure allows them to be small enough to provide clients with a personal, consistent and friendly service, while, at the same time, large enough to resource large and complex projects.
Your new role
- To undertake principal designer duties, as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) regulations 2015 (CDM) and as otherwise required of the role; including site visits, preparation of the pre-construction documentation.
- To liaise and communicate with clients, designers, contractors and others and to offer advice and guidance on CDM/Health and Safety issues.
- To assist in the preparation of health and safety /CDM documentation for contractors and others.
- To manage projects to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- To seek and follow up opportunities to promote the Practice.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and to keep them informed of issues on your projects at all time
What you'll need to succeed
- Three years' relevant experience in the construction industry with experience of CDM/Health and Safety issues in construction.
- Relevant HNC, HND, BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a construction-related topic.
- Self Motivated.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- NEEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent
- Good understanding of appropriate legislation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'