A market research agency who provides analytically-driven consumer insight services to a broad spectrum of consultancies and research agencies, as well as working directly with some of the world’s leading brands.
Whether conducting advanced analytics, or delivering full market research programmes, this company consistently delivers creative solutions to help clients solve business issues and make better informed decisions.
This company has four core specialisms: Predictive Models; Segmentation; Brand Strategy; and Product & Service Optimisation. Customer Analytics will play a key role in all of these areas.
We are looking for an experienced, commercially-focused and passionate leader who will grow and manage the new Customer Analytics team as a Principal Data Scientist.
The role will include responsibility for selling, designing and conducting large-scale analytics projects, and developing the overall Customer Analytics offer and Data Science function.
The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge and experience of a wide range of analytical techniques and technologies, be well-versed in querying and managing large and diverse datasets, and be engaging and persuasive when selling to and consulting with clients.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Experience of, or ability to, proactively build and manage a new team
- Ability to talk confidently to clients, discussing and advising on business objectives
- Proven track record of how results can best be deployed within businesses
- Ability to take a flexible approach to workload, to work autonomously when required, demonstrating the ability to prioritise and organise
- Excellent teaching and mentoring, helping to develop the internal data science team
- Excellent working knowledge of advanced analytical techniques, including regression, segmentation, machine deep learning, natural language processing, text analytics, and time-series modelling
- Experience of a wide variety of technologies including: R or Python, SQL and a working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark or similar would be beneficial
- Understanding and experience with cloud infrastructures such as Azure or AWS and how to integrate R or Python analytical workflows would be highly desirable
- Proven track record with accessing client customer databases and data lakes
- Knowledge of the major secondary data-sets available, and experience of merging these to create additional insights. Experience with web scraping tools and techniques.
- Commercial Awareness
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Data Science
- Client Communication