Principal Controls Development Engineer - Coventry - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
A Principal Controls Development Engineer is required for a flourishing department working in the field of passenger and commercial vehicles. As the successful candidate you will contribute to the engineering of energy storage systems (batteries and battery management systems), electrical distribution systems, power systems, system integration, high voltage electric vehicle systems and supplier process development.
Working in this exciting project-based role, you will operate within a team developing algorithms for hybrid and electric vehicle supervisory control, transmission control, thermal control and autonomous vehicle demonstrators, from requirements capture to commissioning and calibration.
As Principal Controls Development Engineer - you will be required to
- Develop, test and calibrate advanced algorithms.
- Manage the delivery of the controls aspects of the vehicle for both demonstrator and production intent vehicles.
- Manage code verification and validation, including process development in these areas.
- Support for controls hardware specification for both rapid prototype and production controllers.
- Support the transition of control systems from Advanced Engineering into mainstream product development, including FMEAs and diagnostics development.
- Manage a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary.
- Inspire a team to strive for improvements and high levels of customer service.
- Travel frequently, especially to India.
As Principal Controls Development Engineer you will have
- A minimum of five years automotive or other relevant industry experience.
- Significant experience of MATLAB / Simulink / Stateflow for embedded control system design and validation, along with familiarity of powertrain modelling.
- A proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives.
- Experience with calibration tools, e.g. INCA or CANape.
- Validation testing experience, at rig and vehicle level, including defining test specifications and instrumentation requirements.
- Experience with software version control tools, requirements management, software change request (SCR) management.
- The ideal candidate will ideally be a chartered engineer or working towards chartership.
- An understanding of ISO26262 requirements for software development and software component integration in an AUTOSAR environment.
What you will get:
- An excellent salary and benefits package, whilst working on highly-rewarding projects.
- Training, support and career advancement.
Suitably qualified and experienced Controls Development Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) or by emailing their CV and covering letter.
- Principal Controls Development Hardware Software Electric Hybrid Vehicle