Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Control and Instrumentation Engineer in Reading on a contract basis. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work, in accordance with the Discipline Design Instructions, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control, within the man-hour, cost budgets and the project schedule targets.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable leadership qualities. They will be confident in their own ability to deliver the Control and Instrumentation scope on a project on time and within budget, while facilitating effective work share with other execution centres around the world.
- Develop specification and prepare material requisitions for control systems, instruments, control valves and all other instruments
- Issue material requisitions to the Material Management Department for enquiry, order placement and for any subsequent revisions
- Prepare the Master Requisition Index and update and issue it on a regular basis
- Review Vendors' quotations, prepare technical quotation evaluation and recommend the final technically acceptable Vendor, in conjunction with Materials Management Department commercial quotation evaluation. Technically approve Order Variation Summaries
- Hold co-ordination meetings and engineering review meetings with Vendors of major equipment as required
- Liaise with other Groups and Client as necessary
- Assess progress and procedure associated reports and input to the DMS. Derive and suggest plans to recover slippage, correct inefficiency and to take any resulting agreed actions
- Advise the Chief / Principal Instrument Engineer of any major slippages and their causes, all policy matters, major technical problems and unresolved differences with other Groups, and requests for changes by the Client which may constitute a contract change
- Assist in the preparation of Auxiliary Flow Diagrams as necessary
- Establish and maintain a filing system of project documents
- Arrange for the transfer of records to storage, microfilming and for destruction
- Prepare, check, approve and provide technical input into project deliverables to the required quality standards in conformance with or better than, the approved budget and programme
- To be technically astute and conversant with the lasted advances in technology
- Ability to deliver documentation that is technical correct to the required standard and schedule
- Understand and control Material Take Off
- Experience in a similar role within the contractor environment is essential
- Prior experience reviewing Engineering Flow Diagrams and Piping Layouts and Models with reference to assigned equipment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"