Here's a link to a recent article we wrote about the North and how great it is blog/the-northern-powerhouse-more-than-just-an-idea. So, now that you'd consider relocating, let us tell you about this amazing opportunity for a Principal Civil or Structural Engineer just like you.
Remember playing with Lego as a child?
What did you build? Castles, Houses and Bridges? How creative did you get? So creative that all you ever wanted was extension packs to finish a huge project? Did you drive your parents mad asking for blue bricks to finish the river under your bridge? Did you take that early engineering promise through to Uni and beyond? We hope so because we're looking for a Principal Civil or Structural Engineer on behalf on an internationally renowned client of ours.
They can trace their links to companies as far back as the 19th century and have a distinguished record in the construction of landmark structures around the world. Their main focus now is the design, manufacture and operation of specialist equipment and temporary works for the construction of bridges and buildings so you'll still get to put that childhood passion to use.
Because we know you love the technical aspects…
Your main areas of responsibility will span:
- Engineering project management including resource planning and programming, design review and
- ensuring agreed deliverables are completed and issued on time.
- Client liaison on technical matters.
- Work within an established team of Engineers and CAD Technicians in accordance with the
- requirements of our Company Management Systems (ISO9001, ISO45001 and ISO14001)
- Mentor and check/review the work of Engineers and CAD Technicians
- Conceptual and detailed design of construction methods and temporary structures, particularly in steel
- to Eurocode standards.
- Analysis of structures using computer programs STAAD Pro and LUSAS.
- Preparation of design calculations, using Microsoft Excel.
- Preparation of sketches and drawings both by hand and use of Autodesk AutoCad and/or Inventor.
- Supervision of CAD team colleagues to produce 3-D models, GA and manufacturing drawings.
- Preparation of technical documentation including project design statements, designer's risk
- assessments and engineering method statements.
- Preparation of design estimates for project budgets and fee proposals.
So, what's in it for you?
Well, a highly competitive and negotiable salary depending on your experience, the usual array of pension, life insurance and holiday entitlements and the opportunity to work in a close-knit team where innovation is encouraged.
If you're a chartered engineer with a good degree (2:1 minimum) in civil/structural engineering, and a minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience in the analysis and design of structures, particularly in steel, then we want to hear from you. Don't worry if your CV isn't up-to-date, we can deal with that later. Just send what you have to Sadie via or give her a call for a confidential chat on (opt 2).
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'