We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Auditor to join the Internal Audit team to advise senior management on the effectiveness of business processes, and controls and to work with management to identify improvements
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Plan and execute audits from the Internal Audit plan including defining audit objectives and identifying key risks and controls and perform testing
• Documentation of audit workpapers and drafting of key audit documents
• Identify and communicate opportunities to improve business processes and controls with stakeholders
• Build constructive and supportive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Track audit actions to completion
• Support general Internal Audit plan encompassing Retail, Institutional and M&G Real Estate business units
• Support M&G Internal Audit management with management reporting across M&G and Prudential Group.
We are looking for someone with a principled and flexible approach, with strong team working and leadership skills, and the initiative, creativity and vision to progress within GwIA or to a line role in the organisation, has experience of risk-based audit, process mapping and analysis, ability to work to tight deadlines with attention to detail and rigorous logical thinking. You should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, post qualified years in audit, risk consultancy or other relevant experience as well as a relevant qualification (eg. ACA, ACCA, IIA).
It is desirable that you have knowledge of Equities and Fixed income products including associated derivatives and back office processes, retail sales and distribution, and property management.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.