Our client is looking to strengthen the team with an enthusiastic and dynamic Principal Engineer/Associate Director looking to develop their skills and career. The ideal candidate would also be keen to support the growth of the office into work sectors aligned to its capability or specific areas of work suited to the candidate’s area of specialism and will have a good knowledge of the Bristol and surrounding counties markets.
Their clients, which include housing developers, major contractors, energy infrastructure providers and associated local construction professionals, commission us on projects that vary in size and nature both in the south west of England and across the United Kingdom.*Award winning expertise and management*The successful candidate in this role will have:
- Graduated with a degree in civil engineering or engineering geology and will have had 8+ years’ experience.
- They will be Chartered with a specialist consultancy, or in a geotechnical department of a larger consultancy. A further specialist post graduate degree will be a distinct advantage in the selection process.
- They are looking for someone with a sound understanding of UK geology and/or UK construction practice and be looking to build on their prior experience by taking on challenging projects and more responsibility.
- Demonstration of experience and expertise in the assessment of ground conditions, geotechnical design and modelling and relevant codes and standards will be essential.
- Ability to manage a challenging workload.
- A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills.
- Working towards a Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
- A competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent project experience
- A stimulating and friendly working environment
- Early responsibility
- Opportunities to progress your career