Our platform and services enable fans access to tickets and events 24 hours a day, seven days a week in multiple markets. Every large event on-sale is a Black Friday for us. Working at this scale ensures that even the most innovative person will be consistently challenged and pushed to develop new solutions in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
As a Principal Architect your primary responsibility is to ensure that technology objectives are aligned to business goals. You should advocate as appropriate the continued increase of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and intelligent reuse of global assets.
This involves working and negotiating with product delivery teams to design solutions to realise the vision of our platform reference architecture, working flexibly within constraints imposed by budget, feature delivery and technology maturity.
A Principal Architect is expected to provide guidance and highlight changes required through the development lifecycle. You are expected to stay relevant in technology and be responsible for the direction given at all stages.
You must build a strong network amongst your peers and others. Your will be working closely with a variety of engineering, technical operations, PMO and product teams across multiple global locations. You will be contributing towards the wider Enterprise Architecture initiatives to add lightweight standardisation of architecture across the organisation.
Depending on the specific role, some line management of solutions architects may be expected. As a global company, travel is required on an as needed basis.
- Experience of development in either Java/JVM or .NET on high volume transactional systems.
- Experience on multiple hardware and software platforms, comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems.
- Must have a good understanding of RESTful services, SOAP, JMS and other API / messaging standards.
- Should have worked with a range of database technologies including but (not limited to); Relational databases (such as SQL server, MySQL), document databases and object stores.
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture and an understanding of Event Driven Architecture and Domain Driven Design and their practical application to enterprise software.
- Knowledge of Standard Design and Enterprise Integration Patterns, and the value of standardised documentation.
- Experience in modern methods of application deployment, monitoring & management.
- A good understanding of with Agile Development Methodologies, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. It is a benefit if you have experience of applying these to 'legacy’ technology.