To develop and deliver high quality programmes for young people throughout the county and enable them to participate on full-time and part-time programmes.
- · Recruit a mix of unemployed young people to participate in Development Team Programmes. Including liaising with training managers, employment services, employers, youth organisations, schools and colleges as necessary.
- · Ensure required paperwork is completed
- · Develop and maintain a local database/contact file with up to date recruitment and referral opportunities.
- · Understand and be familiar with the partner’s requirements.
- · Plan and deliver a variety of programmes within the Development Team in line with funders’ specifications.
- · Provide leadership and guidance to participants of each programme and take responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of the participants during all parts of the programme. - including the supervision of the young people at all times - which could include up to a 5-day away from home residential experience.
- · Supervise the young people’s liaison with community organisations and agencies to plan, prepare and carry out appropriate projects and challenges, and where relevant individual placements in accordance with programme quality requirements.
- · Set programme objectives, to meet both group and individual needs and to deliver the expected learning outcomes (including qualifications)
- · Ensure as many participants as possible achieve their qualifications during the programme, including assessing their evidence against qualification requirements.
- · Guide participants through the completion of their Qualifications and record their experiences.
- · Plan and carry out regular individual and group reviews incorporating the development of action plans.
- · Set and enforce appropriate disciplinary procedures in line with rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- · Produce risk assessments to the required standards prior to each of the group’s activities.
- · Maintain accurate records of all programmes and individual performance and progress, as required.
- · Submit accurate reports as necessary to the Line Manager and programme funder contributing to the continuous quality improvement of organisations, to include an End of Programme Report recording the activities undertaken by each Programme and individual progress.
- · Participate in Annual Quality reviews and contribute as required.
- · Promote the good name of the client at all times.
- · Inform Line Manager of all accidents, incidents and near misses and complete appropriate paperwork.
- · Develop knowledge of current additional programmes and support networks likely to benefit the support, development and progression of participants after their programme.
- · To deliver seasonal NCS programmes undertaking regular residential activity during the summer months in addition to residentials required for Princes Trust residential.
- · Any other duties as directed by the Line Manager from time to time, provided they are broadly similar to duties normally performed by the post-holder or other post-holder engaged in similar work.
The following are the criteria that will be used for shortlisting:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- · The ability to provide leadership in a challenging environment
- · The ability to provide a positive role model for young people
- · Organisational and administration skills and self-motivation
- · Enthusiasm, stamina and a willingness to work unsociable hours when necessary
- · Current driving license
- · The capacity to engage with people at all levels
- · Commitment to motivate and inspire disaffected young people to achieve their potential
- · Experience of working with groups of young people
- · Commitment to Equal Opportunities Legislation and an understanding of, and commitment to work within, the principles of diversity.
- · The ability to be tactful and sensitive in communication and to empathise with young people and the agencies and professionals who deal with them.
- · Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write reports and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- · Willingness to undertake on-going training
- · The ability to work on own initiative, with the minimum of supervision, within a busy environment.
- · Effective time management skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- · Demonstrate an empathy with and commitment to the work of the client
- · Ability to assess course work against qualifications criteria
- · Appropriate teaching qualifications, or willingness to undertake these while in post.
- · Able to attend residential, deliver team strictly between 9am and 4.30pm and be flexible about evening work.
- · Have a keen interest in using sport as a medium to develop young people
- · Ability to use Information and Communication Technology
- · Experience of managing a budget
- · A recognised qualification or experience in supporting the delivery of Basic Skills
- · Experience of planning, organising and completing practical projects
- · Knowledge of the local community, its voluntary organisations and agencies
- · Experience of managing Health and Safety including risk assessment
- · Counselling skills
- · Experience of dealing with a range of issues facing young people from a variety of
- · A minibus license or willingness to complete appropriate minibus driver training
- · First Aid experience
- · Food Hygiene experience