Primary Teachers and NQT in West London - £130 - £155
Are you a Primary Teacher or and NQT ? Are you looking for work in West London?
We have temporary and long term roles for you!
Primary school teachers have a variety of duties beyond just teaching and lesson planning. It is a varied role that can be incredibly rewarding.
Primary school students are divided into two stages: Key Stage 1 (5-7 years of age) and Key Stage 2 (7-11 years of age). Teachers try to bring out the best in their students in terms of skills and intelligence.
- Planning lessons
- Teaching a variety of subjects according to the curriculum
- Marking and assessment
- Leading and assisting a class of Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 pupils
- Using class resources effectively
- Monitoring the development of individual students
- Assessing skills and knowledge through tests and assignments
- Communicating with parents, the LEA and administrative staff
- Contributing to school events
It is essential to have Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) if you plan to work at an LEA school. There are three main ways of gaining QTS:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP)
- School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
Some undergraduate degrees offer QTS as part of the course. Most people, however, will probably choose one of the three options above. Having an undergraduate degree is an entry requirement to these courses. Teaching experience is also desirable, so a stint as a teaching assistant, lecturer or teacher of English as a foreign language will count in your favour. Primary school teachers are also required to complete a CRB check (Criminal Records Bureau).
Primary school teachers are required to be:
- Good communicators
- Energetic and versatile
- Creative and interesting
You will be teaching a variety of subjects so you need to be adaptable, intelligent, and able to explain things clearly.
Please send your CV to Simone Mills at Supreme Recruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"