Primary Teacher – SEN Specialist – Outstanding Independent Special School
Do you have experience or a passion to work with SEN students? Do you want to make a difference?
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity in an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ provision?
Are you experienced in primary teaching and looking for a new challenge?
Out client is a Centre of Excellence which provides the education for school, a complete residential care and education service for girls aged 9-19 years with severe or complex behavioural difficulties and who have social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) as their primary SEN need. They cater for young people who have struggled in mainstream education environments and whose needs have subsequently been unmet. Most of thier young people have an Education, Health and Care Plan. The successful candidate will become part of a team that specialises in delivering a curriculum designed to meet individual needs, giving the students the opportunity to achieve their best possible educational outcomes.
Specialist teaching and integrated therapeutic support, together with small classes and a nurturing approach give students the opportunity to work at a pace that is right for them. They help build self-esteem and confidence and support students to develop their academic and social skills in preparation for adulthood. At the school, with strategic support from their multidisciplinary team, the students benefit from a creative bespoke curriculum and we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Our clients ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible with a passion for teaching students with special educational needs, including learning outside the classroom and teaching life skills. The candidate needs to be committed to raising the expectations of the learner group, removing barriers to learn and delivering personalised learning. Having a “can do” attitude is critical and we are looking for a team member who is confident, adaptable and can embrace change.
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
• Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups across a range of curriculum subjects.
• Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teachers and other professionals to ensure consistency.
• Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression.
• Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students.
• Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times.
• Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level.
• Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASD is an advantage, but not essential.
• A commitment to ongoing professional development.
• An excellent knowledge of a specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role the school will offer:
• Competitive salary
• Teacher Pension Scheme
• The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
• The support to progress in your career.
If you are an exceptional primary teacher with a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'