Primary SEN Teaching Assistant TA - Staffs Moorlands
We are seeking an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant for a Special School for EYFS/Primary aged children from 2-11 years based in the Staffordshire Moorlands area.
Part and full time hours are available from the new academic year in September 2018.
Needs and abilities range from MLD to PMLD, with a large number of children in wheelchairs. Many children have complex learning difficulties, requiring differentiated learning methods. Applicants will be well supported by other TA colleagues familiar with the daily routine and duties to be performed and will be on hand in class to mentor and guide, as required.
- One to One Support and classroom support - Supporting Students with a variety of Special Education Needs
- You will be required to assist children in eating & drinking throughout the day and to promote social skills, as well as motor skills
- Sensory room activities
Desirable Skills (Not essential)
- Knowledge and experience working with POD books
- Use of Makaton
- Familiar with TACPAC
What we are looking for:
- A positive and nurturing attitude
- 1 Year+ experience of working with Children with profound & multiple learning difficulties and physical disabilities
- Available either Full or Part Time to start in September 2018
In return, the following benefits apply:
- A friendly and knowledgeable dedicated 'SEND' consultant
- *Access to our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Great rates of pay and a variety of work to suit you
- Short and Long Term assignments
If you are interested in this role - apply now.
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions, please call Lisa for an informal chat to discuss this opportunity further on or email your CV to
*A refer a friend bonus of £125 for each Teacher or Teaching Assistant you refer to us *payable once they have worked 20 days)
- Special Educational Needs
- physical disabilities
- learning disabalties
- Learning difficultylearning difficulties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'